Monday, May 5, 2008

Prom Night









Well, my husband went to his very first prom last weekend. Can you believe he didn't ask me to go with him? I wonder if it was the four kids I had hanging off of me that discouraged him from asking. Rodney grew up overseas and had never experienced prom before. I think his overall opinion was that it was "much ado about nothing." Maybe he'll feel differently when our kids are old enough for (gasp) prom. We had a good time here at home. I picked up a ton of appetizers and we pretended we were eating at Applebee's. 'Cause seriously, who would take four kids out alone to the real thing? So, now whenever we pull any kind of appetizer out of the freezer, Ben quickly proclaims..."yeah, we're eating applebee's!" We had dinner and a movie. I have to say, the kids were a blast to be with and I felt a little sad for Rodney because I knew I was having more fun than him.

2 comments:

jj said...

Jill, I'm having trouble seeing some of your pictures, but I must say - you are a great mother. I love how you make everything a special occasion (that word could be spelled wrong). THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH for updating your blog. Here I thought you still had a newborn. How was I supposed to know Drew got bigger?????

jenny said...

I LOVE the prom pose with clingy children...classic!